Xerox Workplace Cloud includes full support for Microsoft’s Universal Print, as well as improved print monitoring and security for home workers.
The latest iteration of Xerox Workplace Cloud expands print management to home workers while also giving print security and cost tracking to the home office. It also fully supports Universal Print, Microsoft’s new cloud-based printing technology.
Print Tracker for Home Workers
The Xerox Workplace Cloud Home Worker Print Tracker allows you to track documents printed from a work PC in any location to any printer, whether the company provides one or you own one. Companies may now keep track of print costs and use cost recovery tools to reimburse employees or charge back to projects or departments.
For home employees who work from home, powerful content security is available.
When Workplace Cloud’s advanced Content Security detects certain words or phrases in a print job, it sends an email notification to protect sensitive or personal data. Companies can thus ensure that staff, no matter where they are, adhere to data usage restrictions.
Content Security was previously only available to cloud-registered printers (typically in an office). This new update applies to all printers, regardless of whether they are part of the Workplace Cloud service (if the prints are made from the designated company PC.)
Microsoft provides full support for Universal Print.
Xerox Workplace Cloud now fully supports Universal Print for Microsoft 365 users, as well as providing new print management features, such as:
- Mac, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android operating systems are all supported.
- Controlling access to MFPs with easy-to-use card and smartphone authentication
- Pull Print for document security and ease.
- Reporting features such as use analytics, accounting, and print rules
- Printing from a mobile device is simple – even for visitors.
- Moving consumers to a cloud-based printing infrastructure, whether with or without Universal Print, opens up new revenue streams through subscription sales.