Havas EHS Case Study: How green is your studio?
At Colyer, we’re all about helping you get all your colours beautiful and accurate, but we do have a particular interest (and expertise) in green!
Havas EHS – The environment and our impact on it is a key area of focus for us when we’re developing new products and services. We are ISO14001 accredited. This is about controlling our impact on the environment and looking for ways to improve our own environmental performance. We can help you do this in your business too by conducting a Green Audit. This includes simple things like reviewing your purchasing and recommending products that do the same job, but are recycled or are produced with more sensitivity to the environment.
We can also look at your refuse and disposal systems and see if more can be recycled or changed to be biodegradable. Once we’ve completed the audit, we can then make a series of recommendations and suggestions for how you can reduce your impact on the environment and introduce greater efficiencies into your business. And as well as the feel-good factor of ‘doing your bit’, the audit is completely free!
Havas EHS Case Study
Havas EHS is an award-winning marketing and branding agency and we began conversations with them about helping to improve the way that we handled them as a customer and improving their impact on the environment.
It became apparent that we needed to be able to do the following:
- Consolidate the way we handled their departments, including studio, creative, office, catering and cleaning items
- Be able to provide a single invoice for every complete order
- Deliver their urgent orders same day
- Deliver all orders complete
- Realise savings on their existing budgets
- Create a bespoke core and non-core price list for them
- Enable them to order online
- Provide a quarterly management report
We worked closely with their Facilities team to work out what areas we needed to change and how we could make things more efficient and more environmentally friendly for them. It was a really collaborative process and we spent a lot of time listening to what they needed and how we could better support them.
These conversations resulted in the following:
- We set up a discount scale and contract price list
- The existing product mix was changed to an environmental and FSC range wherever possible
- We allocated pricing and figures to Colyer Go online ordering
- The invoicing set-up was changed so they received one invoice per complete order
- All products for Havas EHS to be kept in our London warehouse and revised daily
- All daily orders to be delivered by our own fleet of vans
- Bespoke sales reports showing spend by product, item and product group, and overall spend on a quarterly basis
Following the implementation of the above steps, various discussions took place to evaluate what we’d already done and how else we could add value. It was agreed by both parties that an overall saving had been made by introducing some of these efficiencies. It was also noted that green products now accounted for 30% of the orders placed. Designated users were set up online to help with streamlining and financial efficiencies.
We also made a pricing matrix available online and discussed with them how we could change their invoicing schedules at a later date if required. In addition to this, we also made sure all their ‘favourite’ items were clearly set up in their ordering menu and that stock-holding information was always available. This was a highly successful project. We met the clients brief and continue to work with them to ensure that we’re delivering the first-rate service and supporting their business as fully as we can.